Monday, September 17, 2007

Richmond Training - week of 09-10-2007

I am kind of making up my schedule as I go along for now and was going to make this a cut back week but starting the 22nd of Sept we will be in Panama City for the week and not sure what kind of running Iwill get done there so I went ahead and increased a little more this week. If all goes well I will have another week of increase in the upcoming week and then a step back week the next week.

Recap:
Monday- rest day

Tuesday- 6 miles before work. Nice run.

Wednesday- 7 miles before work. I pushed the pace a little harder than normal today.

Thursday- 6 miles at the same pace as yesterday.

Friday- rest day

Saturday- I had planned to get up and do my 17 mile run early. Our church is doing a marriage conference with Dr. Gary Smalley and we went to it. It was a Friday night/ Saturday thing. When my alarm went off at 4:00 to get up and run before the conference I matter of factly reached over and turned it off and went back to sleep. I woke up a bit later and went out and did a fast 6 mile run. The pace was faster than I have been running and it felt good.

Sunday- went out after church and did my 17 mile run. I started out way too fast but it felt good so I kept it going . I was done by mile 12/13 but still had 4/5 miles to go. I had to stop and regroup at 13 and then push though to the end. I did the walk/run thing for the last 4 miles but that is what I needed to do to get it in.

Summary:
Mon- rest day
Tues- 6 miles
Wed- 7 miles
Thurs- 6 miles
Fri- rest day
Sat- 6 miles
Sun- 17 miles

Total- 42 miles

4 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Blogger 1L said...

Just wanted to check in and see how things were going, and they look like they are going well. enjoy your time in PC! And the nice flat places to run!

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Thanks Michele. I hope to get some good running in while there but you never know on vacation. The place I run is part of the Florida IM course so that is pretty cool.

 
At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just catching up ... enjoy your vacation!

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger btb1490 said...

Hey Alan, where have you been hiding? I hope the lack of posting doesn't mean a lack of running!

Hope vacation was a good one!
-Bob

 

Post a Comment

<< Home