Monday, September 10, 2007

Richmond Training - Week of 09-03-07

I am feeling better about the training and the level that I am getting to. M y avg pace on the runs was slower than I would like to see but I am really not concerned with that too much right now. My main emphasis is staying injury free and getting my endurance up.
Also- now that the nights are cooling down a little I have been taking Jessie (my 100 lb puppy) out for a jog/walk trying to get her back in condition to run a little with me. She is loving it but is kind of tired when we get back to the house. It has been quite a while since she has run with me on a consistent basis.

Monday- Labor day- finished up the vacation at the lake and headed home.

Tuesday- 6 miles at lunch. The heat was still pretty harsh but I think I am getting used to it again. The county is doing work on the greenway and have different portions of it closed down- it is getting frustrating to run there as you there are only small sections to run on.

Wedsnesday- 6 miles at lunch. A little cooler than yesterday. I ran the wooded trail section today. There was a sign that said that part of the greenway was closed for maintenance. I decided to ignore it and run until I saw someone that told me to turn around. Never saw anyone and passed through 2 other entrances that didn't have a sign. Don't know where the maintenance was.

Thursday- 6 miles at lunch. Closed section sign still up but ran around it again. Same as yesterday- didn't see any maintenance going on.

Friday- rest day

Saturday- 16 miles. Another great long run. I never could get down to the pace I wanted but I didn't stress over it. When all was said and done, I was only 11 seconds per mile off the pace that I ran last week.
Last week after I ran I had some swelling and pain in my right foot. Also, the toe that I broke turn colorful again and was swollen. Same thing happen this week so I iced it a bit and nothing worse than what was already happening became of it.

Sunday- 6 mile run after church. I was really surprised this run felt so good. My legs were a little stiff for most of the morning, but when I started running every thing just clicked and it was a good run.
I wen to the gym later in the afternoon to do an upper body weight work out since I did not make it to the gym this week.

Summary:
Mon- no run
Tues- 6 miles
Wed- 6 miles
Thurs- 6 miles
Fri- no run
Sat- 16 miles
Sun- 6 miles

Total- 40 miles

1 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Alan!!

Nice couple of weeks of solid training! Things are kicking in just at the right time!

-Bob

 

Post a Comment

<< Home