Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Well I think I have effectively messed up my chances at a strong race in Richmond. I knew I was going to probably miss a long run this past week on my trip to Arkansas to see my Dad and Step Mom but I didn't intend to miss some others. The past few weeks have been very busy with work and trying to get somethings done in between trips I missed some long runs. I am working on plan B now but want to see how things progress. My new plan is to run Richmond as a long run and then run the Charlotte Marathon - think the name is Thunder Road- 4 weeks later. That will give me some time to get a few long runs back in and maybe be ready to push the pace a little.
As much as I hated to miss the long runs I think it may have done me good anyway. Last week I started having dead legs. I have added an extra day of running to the schedule and have started pushing my pace on short runs. I have pretty much become a single speed runner- short run and long run pace very close to each other, so I kept my long run pace where it was and sped up my shorter runs. I the combo of those two things was causing my achey dead legs feeling.

Summary of the past 2 weeks:
Week of 10-01-07:
Mon- 4.2 miles
Tues- 6 miles
Wed- 6 miles
Thurs- 6 miles
Fri- rest day
Sat- 6 miles
Sun- 3.1 miles

Total- 31.3

Week of 10-08-07:
Mon- 5.2 miles
Tues- 6 miles
Wed- 6 miles
Thurs- Trip to Arkansas
Fri- Arkansas
Sat- Arkansas
Sun- Trip home from Arkansas

Total- 17.2 miles

2 Comments:

At 7:56 AM, Blogger 1L said...

Alan -

If you are not into Charlotte since it is very hilly, come on up to Huntsville with us. It is 12/8, and I am driving up from Atlanta with Judy. The more, the merrier.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Michele-
Huntsville was/is an option. The thing with Charlotte is we have family there that we were going to go visit (i.e.- free room and board).
Kathy, Glenn, and I may just show in Huntsville- I will let you know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home