Friday, March 10, 2006

I was planning on using March 1 as a kick off date to get back on a program. My February, mileage wise, was a mirror image of last year. But that's ok, it's a new month and the plan is forward looking, not backward looking.

I decided to use a less strenuous program until I could get back in to the groove of things running wise and until things at work calmed down a bit. So, on March 1, I got out for a 4 mile run and had planned for a 6 mile run on Thursday, March 2. Thursday's run didn't happen. Then, on Saturday when I had planned to run 15 I only ran 4, thinking I would run 15 on Sunday. It was such a pretty day that Kathy and I ended up working in the yard all afternoon, so the Sunday run didn't happen either.

This week (week of 03-06-06), I was determined to get back on track. I got out for a 5 mile run Tuesday, a 4 mile run Wednesday, and a 5 mile run Thursday. My plan is to try for 15 this Saturday and 5-6 on Sunday.

If I can do this and keep going on schedule I think I will be fine for Green Bay. I think it is 10 weeks away so I should be fine. I am going to use the training and the race at Green Bay to build endurance and be ready to go back with the Pfitzinger plan for a fall race that will be my goal race.

Wed.- 03-01-06: 4 miles
Sat.- 03-04-06: 4 miles

Tues- 03-07-06: 5 miles
Wed- 03-08-06: 4 miles
Thurs- 03-09-06: 5 miles

2 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger Nels Nelson said...

Green Bay as a prepatory race. That's what the brilliant runners are doing this season.

What's your long-run this weekend, Alan? I'm shooting for 17.

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Alan said...

I am going to shoot for 15. I had gotten up to 14 before I started missing a most of my runs and I ran the half a couple of weeks ago, so I thought maybe 15 this weekend, then start going up from there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home