Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I give up.

Sinus infections all winter and on antibiotics. I get well, come off of the meds, then 4 days later sick again. ........ so why break the pattern now. I finished my antibiotics this past weekend before the race, and yesterday woke up with a tickle in my throat and a little congestion in my chest. By the end of the day, my joints and muscles ached. Had a meeting last night and got home around 8:15 feeling like junk. I checked my temp and it was 101.1. Took some good old Alka-seltzer cold and cough and went to bed.
Woke up this morning to get out for a short run and temp was 100.2 so I skipped my run.

I think I have to refigure things as far as my program and race. I have lost 2 1/2 weeks of training now.

Any suggestions?

3 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Blogger krishmd said...

There's some nasty gunk going around this winter. I hope you find the right balance of resting to let the cold pass and continuing training

Just remember- You can't fool your inner Mother Nature.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Nels Nelson said...

Ugh, man, ugh. There's been someone sick in our house since mid-December. Currently, it's the boy and L. They both have had more than their fair share of colds. A harsh winter.

Have you passed your missed-training comfort level re. Green Bay yet?

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Hey Nels-
I think I will be fine with running Green Bay. I felt good about the start to my program and have only missed a couple of weeks here, so I still feel good about what I can do.
If I need to, I may change to a less demanding program until I can get back up to speed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home