Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I had 6 miles on the docket for Monday, 01-30, but my legs were dead and I decided to take a rest day. Training is going too good right now t0 push it like that in week 3. If I am in week 10 or 12 and my endurance is better, maybe I would have gone ahead and run and just made it a slow 6 miles.

Tuesday- 01-31: A.M. - 8 miles with 4 at half marathon pace. Plan was to run 2 mile warm up, 4 miles at speed, and a 2 mile cool down. I knew this was going to be an interesting workout because it was my first form of any kind of real speed work in a long time. I am doing 100M pickups, but that is more of a form work out than a speed work out. I was also trying to figure out what pace to the run the 4 miles at. I have no idea what my half marathon pace is any more, so I decided I would just push it and run by feel. I didn't hit my half marathon pace of the past, but I had a good workout, especially considering the last 2.6 miles of the speed miles were in to a pretty good head wind and had 2 "ok" hills in them.
Splits:
1- 8.49
2- 8.30
3- 7.50
4- 7.48
5- 7.51
6- 7.40
7- 8.46
8- 8.22
Avg- 8.13

I am pleased and feel good about this work out. It definitely gives me hope that I am on the path back.

P.M.- Upper body weights

2 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Blogger Nels Nelson said...

Good going, Alan. My extended time away from running has recommended that I alter my training plan, easing into things more. Essentially, I'm a beginner now; such is life.

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Nels-
Smart on adjusting- but I am thinking one day that you are going to go for a run and things are going to click and you will feel like you never took missed a step.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home