Sunday, January 31, 2010

Just wiping the dust off. I haven't done much of anything in January. I decided a couple of weeks ago to get back to it but had a wrench thrown in the plans last week.

When we were in Arkansas this past December to visit my Dad he was complaning of being out of breath and not feeling well. We were worried becasue he had a heart attack 13 years ago and a small stroke about 8 years ago. He went to the doc right after we left and was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. The doc decided he would put stints in but after looking at it further decided to put a pace maker/defibulator in. The surgery went as planned but unfortunately the night after the surgery he suffered a stroke. I left immediately after work last Friday evening and drove to Louisiana where he was in the hospital and stayed with him until I left and came back Wednesday morning. It has taken me a while to get over the trip and to deal with what's going on but I think I am about ready to get back out hit it.

Hopefully things will settle a bit and there will be some activity to report soon.

2 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Blogger Jaye, Runner. said...

My thoughts are with you and your family Alan!

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Thanks Jaye- I appreciate it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home