Monday, January 28, 2008

I am floating in space right now as far as training plans and race plans.... and don't see anything on the horizon. I need to get a plan and start sticking to it. It has been entirely too easy to get lazy and not do anything if I don't feel like it.

The last few weeks have been pretty busy work wise and with events outside of work but I could make time for a short run if I was motivated.

Week of 31 Dec 2007:
Mon- 4.1 miles (5K plus a 1 mile warm up/cool down)
Tues- 4.1 miles (5K plus a 1 mile warm up/cool down)
Wed- no run
Thurs- no run
Fri- 4 miles
Sat- no run
Sun- no run

Total- 12.2 miles

===================================================================
Week of 07 Jan 2008:
Mon- 4.2 miles
Tues- 4 miles
Wed- no run
Thurs- 4 miles
Fri- no run
Sat- 3 miles
Sun- no run

Total- 15.2 miles

===================================================================
Week of 14 Jan 2008:
Mon- No run
Tues- No run
Wed- 4 miles
Thurs- No run
Fri- 3.1 miles
Sat- no run
Sun- 6 miles

Total- 13.1 miles

===================================================================
Week of 21 Jan 2008:
Mon- No run
Tues- No run
Wed- No run
Thurs- Run -3 miles; Bike- 5 miles
Fri- No run
Sat- Run- 4 miles; Swim- 500 yards
Sun- No run

Total- 7 miles run; 5 miles bike; 500 yards swim

7 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger Tim Wilson said...

Hey - I just came across your blog for the first time today. I found it listed in a posting you made on a Running Ahead forum.

I noticed you are running the Reagan here in Gwinnett. I will be running the Reagan Half as well. It will be my first Half Marathon. I also noticed that you had the ING Half as a possibility as well.... I am personally playing it by ear with the ING Half as well and will make a decision based on how the Reagan goes.

It is very cool to find someone else out in the blogging world or the forums that is running the same race as me, all to often that doesn't seem to be the case.

Good luck in the Reagan.... I may even see you at the starting line :) Probably the last place I will see anyone. :)

You live in Gwinnett?

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Hi Tim-
Thanks for stopping by.

Unfortuantely I am not going to run the Reagan. I haven't been training as needed and will have to pass.

My plan had changed to train for the ING Half but a recent injury has me not running again so I will have to see when I can start running again.

I live in the Loganville/Grayson area just outside of Grayson and work in Suwanee.

Where do you live? Run/train?

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Tim Wilson said...

Alan,

Sorry to hear you are not going to do the Reagan. Also, sorry about the injury, I know all too well about that!

I live in Lawrenceville, near Web Ginn/Moon Place. I do all my training around that area. I do my short runs within just a few miles of my house, and my long runs take me to the 5 forks/dogwood area, past Brookwood High School, and up to the Dogwood/Scenic Hwy area. My long runs are basically like this: Long Run Map

I work in Norcross, I have been wanting to do some running over around work, but haven't yet.

What kind of injury do you have?

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Tim-
I have a strained muscle in my back. I started to feel better for a couple of days and tried to run but hurt it worse so I have taken more time off.

Have you ever gone to Sone Mtn. to do any of your runs?

I work very close to the Suwanee greenway so luckily I can pop over there during lunch or occassionaly after work for a run.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Tim Wilson said...

Sorry about your strained back.

I have not gotten out to Stone Mountain yet, but would like to some time soon. I work in Norcross and so far haven't gotten out for a lunch run. I hope to do that sometime soon as well. I work close to the Chattahoochee River and could run down to the river and have a nice run around the park.... just got to get out of the office :(

Do you like running at Stone Mountain?

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Tim-
I love running at Stone Mtn. when I have time to get out there. There is a 5 and 7 mile loop plus some other roads you can mix in so it is easy to get whatever distnace run in you need. Also there are runners/walkers/bikers out there so if you like to have others around while running that's not a problem.
During the tourism months it's best to get out there pretty early to get the run in as vehicle traffic builds up pretty rapidly.

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Tim Wilson said...

Yea, I need to go by there sometime. I will probably do that sometime soon. Thanks for letting me know about it. I am still kinda new to this whole running thing and knowing where to go etc. I have been pretty boring just staying around the house. I need to get out a bit and enjoy the sport a bit more.

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home