Monday, January 07, 2008

As stated earlier I ended up taking most of December off. The weekly miles were:
Week Of: Miles:
03 Dec 0
10 Dec 10
17 Dec 0
24 Dec 7

I have wanted to run a race on the last day of the year and first day of the new year for a while but have never done. There are two races close enough to me to do that now so I did this year.

On New Years Eve, I ran a race called the Flashlight 5K. The race started at 6:00 p.m. in a neighboring city. The course was lined with people with flashlights and they shined the light on the road for you throughout the race. There were no mile markers so I didn't know what pace I was running nor have mile splits for the race. I didn't push it has hard as I could because of not really being in shape to truly race a 5K. Finishing time was 24:38. I was 4th place in the division and 57th place overall.

On New Years day I ran a race in Athens. The day was sunny, cold, and 20 mph winds. I have run quite a few races at this park and know it well... also knew it was wide open so the wind was going to be brutal. We took off and I ran at a hard effort again but no where near the "race" effort I used to run. Finish time was 24:19. I was 5th in my division and 41st overall. Mile splits were:
mile 1- 7:36
mile 2- 8:05
mile 3- 7:48
. 1- .48

I have a lot of work to do to get back to where I was 3 years ago but at least know where I stand now and where I need to go.

On to the new year!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home