Friday, February 15, 2008

Make the best out of situations and push forward- that is what I have always tried to do in life.

I was actually starting to feel like I was really getting back in to the swing of things and was feelin energetic until I strained a muscle in my back practicing with the basketball team I help coach. That was on Friday night, 01 February, and I haven't been able to do much since. As it started to feel better I would try to run again only to be sidelined again. I feel like I'm at about 95% now so it won't be long now hopefully.
I have basically cancelled all race plans I had through the spring.

Week of 28 Jan:
Mon- Weight work out
Tues- 3.1 mile run
Wed- 4 mile run
Thurs- 3.1 mile run
Fri- hurt back playing basketball
Sat- can't run
Sun- tried to run but couldn't

Total- 10.2 miles

Week of 04 Feb:
Mon- Can't run
Tues- 3.1 miles
Wed- can't run
Thurs- can't run
Fri- swam 700 yds
Sat- 3 mile run
Sun- can't run

Total- 6.1 miles run
700 yds swim

Week of 11 Feb:
Mon- Can't run
Tues- Can't run
Wed- Can't run
Thurs- Can't run
Fri- Can't run
Sat- ran 4.2 miles
Sun- ran 3 miles

Total- 7.2 miles

Good news is the back didn't hurt as I ran but was pretty stiff afterwards.

2 Comments:

At 1:31 AM, Blogger Dane said...

I hope the past week plus had yielded less pain.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Thanks Dane, it has but life keeps getting in the way. You will see when I update my blog later today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home